Thursday, July 10, 2008

True Love!?!

I love my skillet. It is cast iron, heavy, black and so very useful.



*Yesterday I used it to make:
Bacon and pancakes for breakfast
Grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch
Skillet potatoes for dinner

*When seasoned properly, it is naturally non-stick, and unlike Toxic Teflon, there is nothing toxic about it.

*It adds iron to my diet

*It's so heavy that I have to keep it on my stove. Therefore I don't have to drag it out all the time to use.


But here is my real true love, shown slicing bread. I love him, even more than my skillet.

1 comment:

Daisymomto4 said...

We just got rid of our Teflon pans and replaced some of them w/stainless steel and then my MIL gave me a great big cast iron frying pan to try that was her grandmother's. It is in great shape. I haven't had the chance to use it yet but can't wait to try it out. I've read so many conflicting things though on the best way to clean cast iron... soap, no soap, salt, oil. How to you keep your cast iron clean?

Kim
Daisymomto3